Connect with us

Published

on

[ad_1]

James O’Keefe received a Twitter insider video from a whistleblower dated January 8, 2021,  featuring CEO Jack Dorsey, who appeared to be “laying out a roadmap for future political censorship”, according to the founder of Project Veritas.

The whistleblower’s video comes days after Twitter permanently suspended President Donald Trump from their platform, claiming it is “due to the risk of further incitement of violence”.


In the released video from Project Veritas, Jack Dorsey is heard saying, “We are focused on one account [@realDonaldTrump] right now, but this is going to be much bigger than just one account, and it’s going to go on for much longer than just this day, this week, and the next few weeks, and go on beyond the inauguration.”

“We have to expect that, we have to be ready for that,” he continued. “So, the focus is certainly on this account [@realDonaldTrump] and how it ties to real world violence. But also, we need to think much longer term around how these dynamics play out over time. I don’t believe this is going away anytime soon.”

“But we need to focus on the much bigger picture, because it is not going away. They’re– you know, the U.S. is extremely divided. Our platform is showing that every single day,” said Dorsey.

“And our role is to protect the integrity of that conversation and do what we can to make sure that no one is being harmed based off that. And that is the focus, and that is the color we want to provide,” he added. Video Below


James O’Keefe tweeted the video of Jack Dorsey’s remarks:

Continued Below


James O’Keefe also responded to Twitter’s VP of global communications, which also comes a day after Dorsey released a statement over why the president was suspended.

After the release of the video, Twitter added a label to claiming the video is “sensitive content”.

Continued Below


Earlier in the day, O’Keefe announced he had a video to release.

Continued Below


Jack Dorsey released a statement on Wednesday, writing on Twitter:

I do not celebrate or feel pride in our having to ban @realDonaldTrump from Twitter, or how we got here. After a clear warning we’d take this action, we made a decision with the best information we had based on threats to physical safety both on and off Twitter. Was this correct?

I believe this was the right decision for Twitter. We faced an extraordinary and untenable circumstance, forcing us to focus all of our actions on public safety. Offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real, and what drives our policy and enforcement above all.

Advertisement

That said, having to ban an account has real and significant ramifications. While there are clear and obvious exceptions, I feel a ban is a failure of ours ultimately to promote healthy conversation. And a time for us to reflect on our operations and the environment around us. Having to take these actions fragment the public conversation. They divide us. They limit the potential for clarification, redemption, and learning. And sets a precedent I feel is dangerous: the power an individual or corporation has over a part of the global public conversation.

The check and accountability on this power has always been the fact that a service like Twitter is one small part of the larger public conversation happening across the internet. If folks do not agree with our rules and enforcement, they can simply go to another internet service. This concept was challenged last week when a number of foundational internet tool providers also decided not to host what they found dangerous. I do not believe this was coordinated. More likely: companies came to their own conclusions or were emboldened by the actions of others.

This moment in time might call for this dynamic, but over the long term it will be destructive to the noble purpose and ideals of the open internet. A company making a business decision to moderate itself is different from a government removing access, yet can feel much the same. Yes, we all need to look critically at inconsistencies of our policy and enforcement. Yes, we need to look at how our service might incentivize distraction and harm. Yes, we need more transparency in our moderation operations. All this can’t erode a free and open global internet.

The reason I have so much passion for #Bitcoin is largely because of the model it demonstrates: a foundational internet technology that is not controlled or influenced by any single individual or entity. This is what the internet wants to be, and over time, more of it will be. We are trying to do our part by funding an initiative around an open decentralized standard for social media. Our goal is to be a client of that standard for the public conversation layer of the internet. We call it @bluesky.

This will take time to build. We are in the process of interviewing and hiring folks, looking at both starting a standard from scratch or contributing to something that already exists. No matter the ultimate direction, we will do this work completely through public transparency. It’s important that we acknowledge this is a time of great uncertainty and struggle for so many around the world. Our goal in this moment is to disarm as much as we can, and ensure we are all building towards a greater common understanding, and a more peaceful existence on earth.

I believe the internet and global public conversation is our best and most relevant method of achieving this. I also recognize it does not feel that way today. Everything we learn in this moment will better our effort, and push us to be what we are: one humanity working together.

(Related: President Trump Issues A Message Moments After Twitter Permanently Bans Him: “As I Have Been Saying For A Long Time…”)



[ad_2]

Advertisement
Comments

Politics

Convicted fundraiser who tried to work his way into Biden’s inner circle sentenced to prison

Published

on

Amajor Democratic bundler, who raised large sums for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and consorted with Joe Biden, was sentenced to 12 years in prison for what prosecutors said was a “mercenary” political influence scheme.

Imaad Zuberi, a Californian businessman was sentenced Thursday for schemes to funnel foreign money into U.S. political campaigns, then take millions of dollars for himself.

The Los Angeles Times reported that U.S. Assistant Attorney Daniel J. O’Brien said Zuberi was “purely a mercenary, funneling money to whomever he believed would do his bidding.”

Among the many unsealed court records, Zuberi was seen photographed with Joe Biden and Barack Obama when they were Vice President and President. He was also pictured with former President Bill Clinton and former presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton. He took pictures with former Republican Rep. Paul Ryan when he was speaker of the House as well as the late Sen. John McCain of Arizona.

Also included in the Times report was a hacked email chain released on WikiLeaks. Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager Robby Mook messaged colleagues saying, “I’m OK taking the money and dealing with any attacks.” Jennifer Palmieri responded saying, “Take the money!”

He also attended Hillary Clinton’s election night party in New York City in 2016 as well as serving as a co-chair of The Trump Presidential Inauguration Committee.

Advertisement

Zuberi made more than $950,000 in unlawful donations to the political committees of Obama, Clinton, McCain and others. Zuberi’s activities extended as far as a recent attempt to work his way into the Biden circle, according to Politico.  

In addition to the money he made, Zuberi also raised $270,000 for Hillary Clinton and $1.3 million for President Obama.

Zuberi, 50, pleaded guilty to a “three-count information charging with violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)” for making false statements on a FARA filing as well as tax evasion and illegal contributions to political campaigns. He also pleaded guilty in a separate case earlier in June 2020 to a count of obstruction of justice.

“Zuberi turned acting as an unregistered foreign agent into a business enterprise,” Assistant Attorney General for National Secretary John C. Demers said in a Department of Justice news release.

Continue Reading

Politics

Cruz responds to pictures of him on Mexico flight, with Texas struggling from deadly winter storm

Published

on

Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz confirmed Thursday that he flew earlier this week to Mexico with family members, following the emergence of pictures appearing to show him in an airplane cabin and at a check-in counter, as fellow residents to recover from a deadly winter storm.

Cruz said in a statement that he accompanied his daughters on a flight Wednesday night to Mexico because they had the week off with school canceled.

“Wanting to be a good dad,” said Cruz, who also stated he is returning to Texas on Thursday afternoon.

The storms has been connected to at least seven deaths in Texas and knocked out power to as many as 2.5 million residents. The number of residents without electricity as of Thursday morning was down to less than 1 million, officials said.  

Advertisement

“My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas,” Cruz also said. “We want our power back, our water on, and our homes warm.”

Continue Reading

Politics

South Carolina House passes bill that would prohibit most abortions if a fetal heartbeat is detected

Published

on

The South Carolina House of Representatives on Wednesday voted 79-35 to pass legislation that would prohibit most abortions. 

The bill must pass through a procedural vote in the House on Thursday prior to heading to GOP Gov. Henry McMaster who has indicated that he will sign it, according to the Associated Press. Two Republicans voted against the legislation while two Democrats voted for it. The state Senate passed the measure last month. 

The bill requires doctors to carry out an ultrasound to check for a fetal heartbeat and if a heartbeat is identified an abortion can only be performed in certain circumstances.

The legislation would not penalize a woman for obtaining an unlawful abortion, though the individual responsible for performing the abortion could face consequences.

Advertisement

The outlet reported that other states have approved similar or even more stringent abortion prohibitions which could be implemented if the Supreme Court throws out the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade decision. All of the other states’ abortion bans are currently entangled by court challenges and if the South Carolina bill is approved it will likely face litigation that prevents it from going into effect, according to the AP.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Politics10 hours ago

Convicted fundraiser who tried to work his way into Biden’s inner circle sentenced to prison

Politics21 hours ago

Cruz responds to pictures of him on Mexico flight, with Texas struggling from deadly winter storm

Fox news1 day ago

‘A lot of people don’t know the severity of what’s going on’

Politics1 day ago

South Carolina House passes bill that would prohibit most abortions if a fetal heartbeat is detected

Politics2 days ago

Son of prominent conservative leader Bozell arrested in connection with Capitol siege

News2 days ago

Seven shot in Philadelphia near SEPTA station, according to police

Politics2 days ago

Trump calls Limbaugh ‘legend,’ in first TV interview since Senate trial

News3 days ago

CNN’s Stelter,’ ‘Saturday Night Live’ this weekend didn’t mention Cuomo’s nursing home COVID story

Politics3 days ago

Rep. Bennie Thompson targets Trump, Giuliani, Proud Boys and Oath Keepers in Capitol riot lawsuit

Donald Trump3 days ago

Trump unleashes scathing statement blasting Sen. Mitch McConnell

Politics3 days ago

Judicial Watch sues U.S. Capitol Police in pursuit of emails and videos pertaining to Jan. 6 riots

Bannon3 days ago

Bannon — ‘Trump may run for Congress in 2022 and lead impeachment against Biden’…

Donald Trump6 days ago

Trump acquitted in impeachment trial; 7 GOP Senators vote with Democrats to convict

Candace Owens7 days ago

Candace Owens post photo of her son with a message to all young feminist.

COVID-!97 days ago

Biden administration to allow 25,000 asylum-seekers to cross US-Mexico border while cases are pending

Facebook

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2021 By TSD